8th January 1932 was a great day of jubilation for the Jacobite Syrian Christians of Poothrikka and its surrounding villages. Their long cherished dream was full filled. St. Mary' s Jacobite Syrian Church was consecrated on that day by His Grace Ougen Mor Themotheos the Metro[politan of Kandanad Diocese. Henceforth Syrian Christians in this area are able to participate in the holy mass without break in their own church situated in their own village. Till that time th eSyrian Christians of this area depended on the churches situated in Kolencherry, Vettithara, Neeramugal or Mamalasserry.
The land for the church was bought by Late Shri Puravath Paily of Naduvileveettil family. The permission to construct the church was obtained form the government in May 1930 and the foundation stone of the church was laid by Rev. Fr. Yakob Blayil on 9th September 1930. The construction of the church was completed in Decembert 1935. The church and the church property were subsequently handed over to eighteen devoted elders of prominent families belonging to the Parish. Read More
Church Timings | Sunday : Holy Qurbono : 8:30 AM | Week Days : Holy Qurbono : 7:30 AM
© Copyright 2016. St Mary's Jacobite Syrian Church, Poothrikka. Website by Enet Infotech